Centre for International Experience

Student Advising

CIE International Student Advisors provide a range of services which are available to all international students. The student advising office at the Cumberland House can help you with the following matters:




Student Advising Office Hours

The student advising office is located in room 210 at 33 St. George Street.

Monday to Friday:
9 a.m. - 12 noon (drop-in hours)
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (by appointment only - see instructions below)

To send a written question to the Student Advisor, please email isa.cie@utoronto.ca


To schedule an appointment to meet with the advisor, please email cie.information@utoronto.ca with 2 possible times suitable to your schedule and an appointment will be assigned.

In your email please include the following information:
1) Name
2) Student Number
3) Telephone Number
4) Level and Program of Study
5) Reason for the appointment

Please note: All inquiries about admission as an undergraduate student to the University of Toronto should be directed to the Enrolment Services office. All inquiries about admission as a graduate student to the University of Toronto should be directed to the School of Graduate Studies.

Back to Top

Important Information for International Students

It is your responsibility to make sure that all your immigration and legal documents are maintained and up-to-date. CIE holds regular information sessions and workshops to help you understand your responsibilities. It is important to regularly check CIE's website for news updates and workshop dates. 

CIE Information Sessions & Workshops 

  • CIE Orientation information sessions (August/ September and January)
  • Study Permit/ Work Permit/ Entry Visa workshop and individual advising (ongoing)
  • Banking 101 (as needed)
  • Income Tax Workshops (March/ April)
  • Income Tax Clinics (March/ April)

Back to Top

Be Diligent about Your Immigration Status

  • Keep a record of the expiry dates of your Passport and Study Permit.
  • Make a note to apply for extensions two months before the expiry dates.
  • Application forms for Study Permits, Work Permits and Entry  Visas (TRV) must be downloaded from the Citizenship and Immigration website.
  • Make note of your Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) ‘Client ID Number’. It is an 8-digit number found on your Study Permit.  This is your own personal identification number assigned to you by CIC.
  • Immigration Information

Back to Top

Useful Links

Back to Top