News and Events
The Centre for International Experience (CIE) brings you a wide range of cultural events, social events and activities designed to offer you a taste of Canadian and world cultures. There are also sessions to help you plan for international travel. Keep checking back for news about international opportunities and future events planned through CIE.
New Students: Please be aware of possible fraud/scam
Drop by the CIE to learn how to dance Forró — the Brazilian folk dance.
Every Tuesday and Friday from 6:30pm to 7:30pm during the summer.
Find out more about the Forró classes:
- Story in the U of T News Brazilian students bring dance, joy and culture to Toronto
- Story in the Toronto Star Brazilian students put new spin on learning at U of T
For further information, please contact Yoko Maliszewksi, firstname.lastname@example.org
International Opportunities for the summer
Are you interested in going abroad this summer? Want to participate in summer school abroad and earn credits? Go to our Summer Options page to browse through the list of various summer destinations.
Will you finish the requirements of your program this year?
Would you like to stay in Canada after your graduation to work?
You may be eligible for an open work Permit (Post-Graduation Work Permit) valid for up to 3 years.
Under the new CIC regulations, you have to apply for the Post-graduation work permit within 90 days from the date you finish your degree requirements (The 90 days period starts from when you receive your final grades)
The topics that will be discussed are as Follows:
- Eligibility Criteria for the PGWP.
- The deadline for submitting a PGWP application.
- How to create an online account with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which will enable you to apply online.
- The validity period of the PGWP.
- How to use your PGWP to qualify for future PR programs
- An Overview of the Different options for permanent residency in Canada.
Date: June 15, 2015 Register for the session
June 19, 2015 Register for the session
Time: 3:00 PM- 5:00PM,
Location: (CIE) 33 St. George St Toronto Room 102(Cumberland)